Friday, March 30, 2007


We "do" the Friday morning breakfast here in AD. Today there were 7 of us, it's great as all are from somewhere else (plus our local friends)

The small town thing...when you go into the neighborhood restaurant, you know everyone. I like it, it does give you a sense of a neighborhood.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007


More running around getting things in order...Everyone in States always asks about Dubai as it does have the most publicity. But I like Abu Dhabi better of the two.

Less traffic, easier to get around and after awhile you know everyone. In a way it's a pain because you cannot run out to the store looking like a total mess.

It's interesting on the UAE blog how a lot of people write about expats not fitting in to the country and just staying with expats from their own country. I have a few Nationals who are friends (guys and girls) and cannot imagine why one would be in a foreign country and not want to have friends who are from that country.

Maybe because LA is a melting place of different cultures as well, you just have friends who are from all different walks of life. My Arabic is not so great, but I am learning...I was NEVER good with languages.

Shameless plug...both Etihad and Emirates Palace Hotel (EPH) have been AMAZING with their support. If you have not seen the EPH, it looks like something from a movie...and check out the Manzil Center for Challenged Individuals. It's a worth while charity and Sandi Saksena (who also hs an investment advice radio show as well as a bit in the paper) who works with fund raising and Ayesha Saeed Husaini, who is Dubai's first licensed educational psychologist are both passionate about Manzil.

Sunday, March 25, 2007


Well it seems we have getting everything in order for the premiere. Being that it's the first one here, it has been a bit hectic. The last 3 days I realize by 4PM that I forgot to eat...
Fortunately I have a great support here (LOTS of thanks to AJ) and in US (thanks CN, SS, CN, JB) so this does make it easier! I get asked a lot, "How do you do this?" DETERMINATION is about 95% of it and imagination, the other 5%.

I am looking forward to meeting Sir Ben Kingsley, he is an amazingly talented actor. The event benefits The Manzil Center for Challenged Individuals.

Now for those in LA who wonder about the Sheikha friends here all have nicknames. Mine (I didn't choose it) became Sheikha. It's a loooong story....