Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Presidential Conventions

In honor of the fact that there is simply NOTHING on TV for 2 weeks because of the conventions, I thought I would post these verses from a former US President;

"Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."

These are all quotes from Abraham Lincoln. I think they apply now even more than they did back in his day. You wonder if McCain or Obama would ever be the kind of President someone like Lincoln was. I think with all the special interest groups and lobbyists, it's impossible.

No comments: